Do you want your rs accountto be safe? Do you want to prevent your account from being hacked? Viruses and keyloggers can steal your Runescape account, which is never a good thing. Here's how to try and avoid them. Following these steps can keep your computer secure and safe.
Here are some tips and warnings for you
1. Report anyone advertising a website, as they may contain harmful spyware/keyloggers.
2. Listen to moderators. They always have a gold crown or silver crown (for player moderators).
3. Player moderators have a small silver crown with a black M next to their names in the chat window. They have been appointed by Jagex to monitor the game and mute rule-breakers. They know the rules well and will usually give players advice unless they're busy reporting someone or something. However, you should not bother them with questions unless you have already checked RuneScape's Knowledge Base because it distracts them from more important things such as muting scammers. If you want to be a mod, don't ask them how but instead go to the Moderators page in the Knowledge Base.
4. Mods and Jagex NEVER ask Runescape members for their password and they never email you! Jagex only contacts you using in-game messaging service.
If you are using Internet Explorer on Windows or Mac OS, switch to a more secure browser (Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Opera are good choices). Internet Explorer is known for its security holes in every single version.
5. Sometimes, you can encounter a scammer who has sent you an email about Runescape. They may ask you for your password, go to a hacksite, or anything that seems suspicious. Do not open their attachments, it is very likely that it is a keylogger. Do not click on the links they have given you as they can be hacksites. It is known that scammers can change their email to a very trustful email such as "Andrew@jagex.com." This is FAKE, so do not interact with them in any way. Plus, you will only be contacted by Jagex via official Message Center on the Runescape website if you are chosen to be a moderator or something of the sort. If you want to sell runescape accounts, you would better choose a reliable website.
This should become common sense IF you read the knowledge base.
6. Always try to be one step ahead of the scammers - if you think it's too good to be true, check in the knowledge base.
7. If you report someone for scamming, whether it´s true or not, don't think they will be banned. Jagex can´t see what happens in the trade screen and scammers can easily appeal and have their ban deleted. However, they see unbalanced trades and the words spoken by a scammer to trick others.
1. Don't type your password in chat, even in private chat. Even though a filter prevents this from being displayed, it is still foolish. Do not type your password backwards, It will show.
2. Mods don't wear their crowns, they have it beside their names in public and private chat.
3. Don't go to any RuneScape related sites that look dodgy. These websites often contain keyloggers.
4. It is not recommend to click on any ads in RuneScape. Some are known to be bundled with adwares. Do not click on any ads in fansites (such as RuneHQ, Tip.it, etc.), the staff have confirmed that some advertisments are NOT safe!