As a wow player for years, you will treat the account as a treasure because that it need invest a lot of money, time, and energy to game for upgrading. However, there always some accounts attacked by hacks everyday. Gamers should make their effort to protect from hacking. Those simplest methods are not enough for protection, so you need some good ways to safeguard wow account.
1. Antivirus tool is the first protective layer when playing games. Keep your firewall and anti-virus software active and upgrade.
2. Only use your own computer to do everything about wow, especially not login in your account by IP which you don't use frequently. Avoid using public computers or others computers as much as possible.
3. Avoid using your WOW account's email on public forums and discussions. To keep the email and password secure, it is better to use a unique email address for game.
4. Make sure your downloading only from registered and trusted websites. Download the client from official website as far as possible.
5. Be careful to open any random link or advertisement. Some links are spam and are pasted solely for the purpose of hacking and theft.
6. Keep your username password combination very confidential. Even best of the near and dear ones can be a cause of wow account theft.
7. In case using public machines, it is a must to have Trojan key-logged for malice scanner.
You should heighten vigilance whether the account can sell at high price. Especially you have bought a wow account from farmer100 or other websites.